Have you ever heard the term “think out of the box” or “thinking beyond limits”? Do you ever wonder sometimes you would like to find ideas and methods to solve the problem but do not find it easy to get out of the way? There is a widespread belief that creative thinking is something people are simply born with. It means that some people have the ability to greater measure than others, but everyone has the capacity to enhance their own innovative spark. Here are simple research-based techniques for boosting your ability to think out of the box.
1. Prepare for a major change
Changing thinking and your lifestyle. Basically, you are inventing a new wheel and you are that wheel. Here are some signs of realized that you need to change your mind:
- You always tend to stick to the comfort zone and choose the path of least mental resistance, drawing upon tried and tested ideas that have worked for you in the past
- You cannot give an answer to a persistent problem. Finally, someone gives the answer and you find that the answer is extremely obvious, and this often happens to you.
2. There are many ways to solve the problems
Think out of the box is another way to talk about thinking imaginatively using new ideas instead of traditional or expected ideas to solve the problems. It must be understood that, for a given issue, some people tend to have more creative solutions. However, that does not reflect a person’s intelligence. It just shows that people who have such solutions often are those who need to be ready to push themselves “out of their box” to get the answers they are looking for. People who often think beyond the limits often are:
- Willingness to take a fresh look at everyday work.
- Have ability to think differently, with an open mind, thinking about the nature of the problem and being willing to do different things.
- Focus on the value of finding new ideas and acting on these new ideas.
- Willing to strive to create value in newer ways
Numerous studies suggest that people produce more creative solutions when they are solving problems for others.
Put yourself in other’s shoes and help them solve the problem can help you think out of the box
Therefore, one effective way is to imagine that you are making the decision on behalf of someone else. What advice would you give them? What options do they have? What are the possible consequences? How would you suggest they solve the problem?
3. Learn what limits your ability to change
The following characteristics make you less likely to make positive changes in your thinking style:
- Negative attitudes.
- Fear of failure, perfection.
- Older in thought, always wanted black and white clear (not flexible, not feel the value in the grey area).
- There are always assumptions about others, about the world, about the expectations you feel others expect from you, about your own abilities.
- Too dependent on logic to assume that you know exactly what is reasonable.
It is harder to think out of the box when you are stressful
Nothing restricts creative thinking quite like the fear of failure. When it comes to think out of the box, it is essential that you get ready to take risks and make mistakes. If not, you’ll come to a standstill before you even begin.
4. Get out of the habit of boring
When you do something day in and day out, it will make you more agitated, which is true even for the smartest of people. Find ways to minimize the tedious habits of your life while keeping the necessary work – remember that boring habits and daily work are two approaches to completely different results. Daily necessities are regular activities that help you stay healthy (such as exercise or yoga) and help you to assert yourself in society. Boring habits are the things that make you fall into the trappings of inertia and impose your own actions.